Fuzzy Pickles
Welcome, We hope you enjoy your visit!

New here? Have a look around!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fuzzy Pickles
Welcome, We hope you enjoy your visit!

New here? Have a look around!
Fuzzy Pickles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you recall...

3 posters

Go down

Do you recall... Empty Do you recall...

Post by CardboardLuigi Tue 10 Oct 2017, 8:56 pm

A discussion of something you recall, and want to see if anyone else knows about it.

I'll start- Do you recall the Phineas and Ferb magazine?
CardboardLuigi
CardboardLuigi

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198174045806/

Back to top Go down

Do you recall... Empty Re: Do you recall...

Post by Guy Wed 11 Oct 2017, 7:37 pm

Oh, this'll be cool! I actually had to Google that magazine to see what it looked like. I was pretty sure I was going to say I don't recall it, but now I'm not so sure. I think I did see them at some Super Walmart magazine rack, years ago, when I was browsing through Nintendo Power or something. Of course, I didn't pay them any mind, as I never really got into that show. Not saying it's a bad show. I just never took the time.

Do you recall when Spongebob was actually watchable, Pepperidge Farm does.
Guy
Guy
Admin

https://fuzzypickles.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeldyhare Mon 16 Oct 2017, 3:28 am

Truth is I've never gotten that magazine but I think I've seen it before, the closest I own is a book of PnF's to "beat summer boredom". X) And Joe yes I do!! My childhood right there, guess I could ask then do you guys happen to know of/recall the SpongeBob game "Battle For Bikini Bottom"? It's such an underrated game it's one of my favourites I used to play it all the time when I was very smol. VvV
Zeldyhare
Zeldyhare

Back to top Go down

Post by Guy Mon 16 Oct 2017, 4:53 pm

Never played the game, but I did hear of it and saw it here or there. I just now did a Youtube quick search and I'm impressed at the graphics and structure of the game. It's not anything amazing like Zelda, but for a Nick game they did pretty good.

Does anyone recall the old Nintendo E-Reader? You swiped Nintendo cards and it loaded games or whatever onto your GBA. I think I still have whatever cards I had and the device.
Guy
Guy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CardboardLuigi Mon 16 Oct 2017, 5:57 pm

Battle of Bikini Bottom is regarded by many Spongebob fans as the best game based off of the cartoon.
I used to own it on PS2. I really liked it.

I have heard of the E-Reader. I've never owned one, but I know of how it worked, and that it was a total flop in the US, and thus was never released in Europe.
The E-Reader levels came preloaded with the Wii U Virtual Console version of Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3, thus making that specific version the best version of Mario 3 to play.

Here's another one- does anyone recall that old fake rumor about unlocking Toad in Super Smash Bros. Melee?
CardboardLuigi
CardboardLuigi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guy Sun 22 Oct 2017, 3:04 pm

I never played it, but it definitely does look like they actually cared about it. Which is kind of shocking considering how many TV show and movie games tend to be garbage.

I remember owning some Avatar the Last Airbender game for the Wii (I think) and it was just so bad. In one level, they even had house cats as the enemies. It just felt so unnecessarily violent to thrash cats. I understand having big cats like tigers or lions, but house cats? Come on lol.

I found my E-Reader when I dug through my attic. I had all the E-reader cards with it to. I don't think I ever bought one, so I'm pretty sure it's actually my cousins. He's not going to miss it though, as it's been up there for years. I mostly have Animal Crossing reader cards for it. Not sure how it would work with the GameCube though...unless it needed to be hooked up via that ill-fated GBA/GCN connector thing.

Also, I don't think I recall that rumor. It does sound familiar, but there were so many rumors going around. On the back of the Melee case, it states how you can play on a mode with up to 64 players and people back then were mistaking that as there would be 64 playable characters to choose from.

Does anyone recall the Final Fantasy movie, that came out in the early 2000's, and received tons of mixed reviews?
Guy
Guy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CardboardLuigi Tue 24 Oct 2017, 6:12 pm

Advent Children, wasn't it?

Usually, the quality of a licensed game depends on how much a developer cares.
The company's experience in game making also affects the quality of the game.

While still on the subject of licensed games, here's a tough one- Does anyone recall the fighting game "Fullmetal Alchemist: Dream Carnival"?
CardboardLuigi
CardboardLuigi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guy Tue 24 Oct 2017, 7:40 pm

Oh wow I completely forgot about Advent Children. I don't remember what happened in that, except it was the sequel to FF7 and brought all the characters back after so many years. Think I need to rewatch that...maybe. Completely forgetting the entire movie might also mean it wasn't that good. The one I'm referring to is called Spirits Within? I only watched it once, with my cousin who was really into the Final Fantasy series. It was a futuristic take on the series, so it totally was Final Fantasy in name only. I also can't remember much about this one either, except that they started off with a group who wind up dying in one way or the other. So it had a horror movie vibe to it.

I just Googled both of them. Apparently they were both made by Bandai. The word Carnival tipped me off that they might be by the same company. I take it that FMA Carnival game wasn't that great...considering how One Piece's fared. I know of the series FMA, but I never heard of that game. Someone bought me One Piece Pirates Carnival for Christmas one year. It had voice-overs in the game, but they were done by 4kids and not Funimation. It was an ok game...
Guy
Guy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CardboardLuigi Tue 24 Oct 2017, 9:12 pm

I actually have played it through an emulator, since it's Japan only (hence why most everyone hasn't heard of it). It's a good fighting game, but it's not something to right home about, like Super Smash Bros. or Street Fighter.
It's gimmick is fairly unique, if a bit frustrating with the final boss (spoilers: it's King Bradley). You and your partner shares a life system. When one falls, your team loses a life. When you lose them all, then the other team wins.
Each of the characters have their own special moves, that use some of their signature abilities. Armstrong transmutes glorious statues of himself, Lust uses her "ultimate spear" claw thingies, Roy summons a dragon made of fire, Edward uses PK Starstorm, etc.
I first heard of the game when some of the models were uploaded to The Models Resource. I used most of the ones uploaded for Left 4 Dead 2 mods.

So, how about Shrek Super Slam? Heard of that one?
CardboardLuigi
CardboardLuigi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guy Sat 28 Oct 2017, 4:55 pm

lol now that one I have heard of! I think it was on the GameCube and Playstation 2, if I recall correctly. Never actually played or watched it though, but I did see it quite often in stores. Usually it was the only game that hadn't been touched and was high in quantity. And then it finally made its way to the $5 bargain bin.

That FMA game sounds pretty cool! Reminds me of this one Naruto fighter game that my cousin had. Each of the characters had their own special finishing moves.

Here's another one related to Melee. Does anyone recall the first Fire Emblem game that made its way overseas, after the introduction Marth and Roy from Smash? I remember being super excited to try that game out, when I read up on it from Nintendo Power.
Guy
Guy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum