Fuzzy Pickles
Welcome, We hope you enjoy your visit!

New here? Have a look around!

Which franchises should be revived or get sequels?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Which franchises should be revived or get sequels?

Post by Hikarichi the Ghost on Sun 03 Sep 2017, 7:07 pm

Just another random question. I have a hard time getting an idea for a topic and I don't want to be boring either xD
Anyway, I'm not tired saying that Earthbound should get another official sequel (and M3 localization) or even a remake.Mario Galaxy 3 or Mario Sunshine 2 would be a dream come true XD Other people say that Valve should make a 3rd sequel to portal or half-life and Megaman is crying in the corner because he's been forgotten. Just sayin...

By the way, I might me offline for a long while since a hurricane (category 4) will pass by close were I live. It can take a long time to recover. Have a nice week guys.
Hikarichi the Ghost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which franchises should be revived or get sequels?

Post by Guy on Sun 03 Sep 2017, 7:13 pm

Stay safe and make sure that your or your family make any necessary preparations for the storm that is coming!

I'd say I would want a Pikmin 4. We're definitely going to get one sooner or later, it's been confirmed already. But it has to be Olimar and Louie again, their dynamic was great in Pikmin 2. Plus I really enjoyed the details both of them added in the enemy and relic log. It was a hilarious contrast to Louie's and Olimiar's attitude.

I really liked Pikmin 3 to, don't get me wrong. The fruit collecting thing kinda threw me off at first and I didn't end up buying it back in 2013 because of that. Then when I decided to buy the game, it was out of print and seemed all of the copies were in some scalpers collection. I'm glad that I still managed to buy a copy at a reasonable price.

(I would totally love another Mario Sunshine) That was another fun game and it was so different and unique. I recently pulled out my cube and hooked it up just to play that. I was surprised at how well it aged. I think it has to do with the celshading or the colors they chose to work with, but I would really like them to do that with another one of their games. It just worked so well and was pleasing to the eyes.
Guy
Admin

View user profile http://fuzzypickles.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeldyhare on Sun 03 Sep 2017, 7:46 pm

Truth is I've never played Sunshine, but it seems really cute and fun and I've been told that I would like it by someone! >v<
Mario Galaxy is my favourite non-Paper Mario Mario game, and the sequel I've barely played but did a lil while back and it was a blast, I'm sure another Mario Galaxy with Rosalina appearing again would be wonderful if they wrote the story just right!! >v<

Another game that comes to mind is Kid Icarus, which is so open to a sequel but apparently Nintendo is just ditching the universe entirely despite having a huge revival with very unique characters and gameplay. ;v;'
Zeldyhare

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikarichi the Ghost on Sun 03 Sep 2017, 8:05 pm

I wanna try kid Icarus someday. You should play mario sunshine, it's amazing. It has cute characters and a beautiful setting. Now that you mention paper mario, I don't know why super princess peach came to my mind. I would like a sequel for the 3ds or a similar game starting princess Daisy, it might be interesting.
Hikarichi the Ghost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guy on Sun 03 Sep 2017, 8:07 pm

Yeah you should definitely give it a try! I don't know if you have a GameCube, but maybe we will get lucky and one day the Switch will bring virtual content for the GC! Then we can buy Sunshine, Paper Mario 2, and all other sorts of goodies.
Guy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeldyhare on Sun 03 Sep 2017, 8:15 pm

I recommend Kid Icarus, it's a cute silly and fun game that is also really cool, I wish Nintendo kept it in mind. ;v; also I love Super Princess Peach, it needs a sequel I would love that, maybe it could have all the Mario gals as characters! >v<
Zeldyhare

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikarichi the Ghost on Sun 03 Sep 2017, 8:24 pm

My sister has a gamecube, and I use it to play zelda ocarina and Majora's to beat them again and again XD apart from kid Icarus, I might get more into Kirby. The only Kirby game my sis and I share is canvas curse, it brings back memories.
Hikarichi the Ghost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guy on Sun 03 Sep 2017, 8:44 pm

I really wish Sega would actually make a direct sequel to the Phantasy Star Online series. Of course, there was Phantasy Star Universe (but it was kinda a hit and miss and not a true sequel) and then they claimed to be bringing Phantasy Star Online 2 out.

So that got the fans excited, when they only showed a single trailer that didn't reveal anything but a title drop. And of course, it was actually Phantasy Star Universe 2.0 and nothing like PSO. And they said they were going to bring it overseas to everyone. And as the years went on...they continued to lie and tell everyone it was still coming over.

I liked PSO, because of the mystery of the game. On top of the music, it added a eerie feel to the game. You must figure out what happened to a planet's entire population that went missing, when moments ago they had opened a beacon for your refugee colony to board.
Guy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CardboardLuigi on Sun 03 Sep 2017, 8:48 pm

Half-Life...
CardboardLuigi

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198174045806/

Back to top Go down

Post by peachie-bunbun on Sun 03 Sep 2017, 9:46 pm

I hope you stay safe Hikarichi..

I would definitely would like a Diddy Kong Racing 2, a better Banjo Kazooie threequel but I know those are not possible : v :
I'd love a Kirby Air Ride 2, or at least make Kirby DLC for MK 8 even Smash 4 teased it with the Rosalina trailer.
Another Starfy game or at least localize the first 4 here in the west and other places > . <
I definitely agree I would love another Super Princess Peach with the regular power ups, Daisy, Toadette, and Rosalina as playable characters U v U
Kid Icarus is a game that I had my eye on for so long, especially from what you told me about Zeldy ^ v ^
Phantasy Star is actually another series I would like to get into, have you ever played the first 4 original Joe?
peachie-bunbun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by toastytaranza on Sun 03 Sep 2017, 10:07 pm

kirby.air.ride.2. pleaseeeeee
also i want diamond/pearl remakes (don't think that counts as a sequel, but still cyclops )
toastytaranza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guy on Sun 03 Sep 2017, 10:20 pm

I think we all would like another Banjo sequel. There was the gba game, but it was alright. And of course they switched up Nuts and Bolts at the last second, which was a really bad idea.

Jenni, Yeah I played the others, but I actually liked the Online series the most. It says Online, but it actually had a pretty good story to it. And it kind of ties into the end of Phantasy Star 4, which I think is pretty cool.

The clues that it's after 4 are kinda small, so it's easy to miss. Like the last area in Online is deemed Ruins, because it looks like some kind of ruined cavern/temple. But the ruins are actually an ancient spaceship that crash-landed and overtime the planet grew around it.

The final boss was on the ship that crash landed because the heroes of PS4 could not beat the enemy. So they locked him in the ship and hoped no one would stumble upon it.
Guy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeldyhare on Sun 03 Sep 2017, 10:50 pm

Oh my gosh Jenni I agree with all of those so much!! They're genius and perfect, I love those games so much brings back memories.. VvV I can't believe I forgot to mention those that you did, so thank you for reminding me!! >vO
I feel Phantasy Star looks really cool, cause I looked into it to and it seems very interesting and fun I'd love to try those too someday! ^v^
Also I agree Pikachip we need D/P remakes my inner 8 year old wants them.. ;v;

Zeldyhare

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guy on Fri 08 Sep 2017, 9:13 pm

I just realized a game that I would really like to see be made...and I can't believe it didn't come to my mind earlier for this thread. For shame...

Anyway, I enjoyed the Final Fantasy Tactics and Advance series and always hoped there would be a third installment to the game. Sadly when the 3ds rolled around, that never came to be...oh well! Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll greenlight it for the Switch. One can dream, can't they?
Guy
Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top